Honey-Dijon Arctic Char
- 4 arctic char fillets, 1 1/2 inches thick
- 1/4 cup/120 mL Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup/120 mL honey
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.55 mL white pepper
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Rinse fish off in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place into a deep glass baking dish. Combine mustard, honey, oil, garlic, thyme, lemon juice, salt, and white pepper.
Using a spoon, coat fillets with mixture. Cover dish with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator for 30 to 40 minutes.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Right before placing the fish onto the grill, oil grill grates. This can be done by using a large pair of tongs, folded paper towels, and a high smoke point oil like grapeseed or avocado oils
Make 3 to 4 passes across the grates to endure a good non-stick surface. This will help to keep the fish intact during the grilling process.
Place fish onto grill, skin side down, and cook for 5 minutes. Carefully, turn fish and cook for an additional 3 to 5 minutes. It is sometimes easier to use two heat-resistant spatulas to turn the fish. One to get underneath and the other to assist with turning.
When the flesh of the fish no longer appears shiny, flakes easily and reaches an internal temperature of 145 F, it is done. Carefully remove from grill, plate and serve with your favorite sides.