Arctic Char with Mushrooms
- 4 6-ounce skinless arctic char fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, plus more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 bunches arugula, trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the fish and sear until golden on the bottom and cooked halfway through, about 3 minutes. Flip onto a baking sheet and bake until cooked through, 3 to 5 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, wipe out the skillet, return to medium-high heat and add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Add the mushrooms and cook, without stirring, until browned on one side, about 1 minute. Stir and cook until browned all over, about 3 more minutes. Add the shallots and cook until soft, stirring, about 2 minutes. Whisk in 2 tablespoons vinegar and the mustard and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in the chives and parsley.
- Drizzle the arugula with oil and vinegar in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and toss. Divide among plates and serve with the fish. Spoon the mushrooms and pan juices on top.